- Provides a quarterly platform for local, national, and global ministries to benefit from Christian marketplace leaders coming alongside them and give of their talents to help their ministries be used in advancing God's Kingdom.
- Delivers hundreds of thousands of dollars to various ministries and projects. For example, ten micro-lending banks have been established in Mexico through the cooperative work of TBG. Several homes for orphaned HIV positive babies are caring for children in South Africa. Some ministries received a total marketing make over. And there are hundreds of other ministries that have been blessed in various ways through The Barnabas Group chapters nationwide.
- Sustains The Barnabas Group web services, which offers help for ministries and people searching for ministry "fits" as well as updates on current, Christian, local events.
- Funds the ability to bring Christian speakers in order to challenge The Barnabas Group members.
- Hosts dinners which are free to TBG members and their spouses.
- Sponsors The Barnabas Group mission trips and/or couples retreats.
- Supports The Barnabas Group SWOT Teams, which have brainstormed with several ministries to help them work through operational and marketing issues and problems.
- Hosts luncheons for The Barnabas Group members and spouses with noted speakers.
- Secures diverse talent to conduct seminars for both members and ministries on various topics at various chapters.
- Allows The Barnabas Group to expand in the future, both in the local chapter and nationwide.
Learn More About Our Values
The Barnabas Group (TBG) members leverage their marketplace experience, skills and strengths for the benefit of ministries and the Kingdom. We connect and network with ministries who learn from each other and share ideas and best practices.
The Barnabas Group provides a safe place for Christian leaders and ministries to connect, work together, encourage and engage one another, all with the same purpose: To be used by God, through what He places on your heart.
The Barnabas Group is collaborative – not competitive. At any given meeting, you’ll find like-minded members who have a heart to serve in the same category as you, providing peer-to-peer collaboration.
CALLING IS A PRIORITY
The Barnabas Group focuses on presenting opportunities that fit your individual talents, gifting, network and resources. TBG is not ‘donor driven’ – there are no development people – it is member funded through annual member donations and there are rarely direct appeals for funds at TBG meetings.
What would happen if The Barnabas Group didn't exist? Here is a small snapshot of what membership provided in 2013 at various chapters:
- Over 3,000 people attended chapter meetings nationwide.
- Keynote speakers presented biblically based challenges to members.
- Special lunches with ministry active leaders at distraction-free venues.
- Brought together young TBG members for a special meeting.
- Helped various ministries strengthen by holding Building Your Business Plan, Fundraising, and Donor Discipleship.
- Completed several ministry SWOT Team meetings.
- Networking meal-time events allowed members to meet and connect with other members.
- Several ministries interacted with members at TBG events.
- Several ministries presented their ministry mission to members.
- Members only relationship building in a meal-time setting.
- Over 100 ministries interviewed and helped directly by TBG members.
- Began a partnership with an accredited university.
- Ministry Service events attended by members. For example, members volunteered to attend a food packing day event to pack meals to feed 11,000 in Sierra Leone.
- Member sponsorship and partnering of select ministry events.
- Group travel of TBG members to foreign countries to evaluate and serve select ministries.